The right team can make or break you. An engaged team, rooted in a strong culture, is the ticket to customer experience and retention. Here are a few brief tips on attracting the right team members, developing their talents and keeping them engaged long-term.
- Define your culture and clearly communicate it to your existing team members, as well as new hires. Start from the very beginning – include it in your job descriptions.
- Have applicants and team members describe your culture back to you to guarantee comprehension; everyone on your team should be able to communicate your brand story.
- Hire against culture first and skills second; your team members should all share the same vision and values.
- Nurture your team members’ individual talents; their expertise should complement each other.
- Be a team player yourself. Pitch in to help and teach often. Don’t ask of your team members what you wouldn’t be willing to do yourself.
- Hire HAPPY problem solvers that are active listeners + open sharers. Communication on a team is key.
Learn more about The Print Refinery team at https://theprintrefinery.com/.